When working with solid wood you have to know that it will expand and contract with seasonal moisture changes and let that movement happen in a way that won’t cause damage to the project.
A good example is a solid wood frame and panel door – you leave the solid wood panel unglued and with enough space around it to expand and contract.
When making a door panel with a dimensionally stable material like plywood, you don’t have to leave any space, since it won’t expand or contract enough to cause any problems. Likewise, you can glue it in solidly, unlike the solid wood panel.
With solid wood, the movement is a percentage, so bigger parts are more susceptible, since they with expand or contract the most.
You can help support the work I do in making these videos:
Plans for sale: https://ibuildit.ca/plans/
Support this channel on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=865843&ty=h
Did you know I have other YouTube channels?
My main channel:
More videos on my second woodworking channel:
My home reno channel:
- DIY Quartz Battery Wall Clock Movement Mechanism Repair Tools Sets Replace Parts $4.60
- Glotech Coil Jig Organic Cotton Pliers Tweezer Heating Wire RTA DIY Tools Kits $12.88
- 4pcs Carbon Steel Wood Work Plug Cutter Cutting Power Tool Drill Bit Set DIY US $6.88
- 20 PCS/Set Leather Working Saddle Craft Carve Leather Stamps Making DIY Tools $13.19
- Creative Glass Bottle Cutter DIY Tools Tool Professional Bottles Cutting New $11.99
- 15 DIY Projects For Dog Owners
- 20 Amazing Wood DIY Projects Wood Products WoodWorking Tools Ideas You MUST See | FW Channel 2018
- 22 Cool Summer Craft Ideas | DIY Projects For Summer | Handcraft
- Universal Free energy generator electric DC motor 230 Volts – Experiment DIY projects at School
- 8 Best DIY Room Decor Idea 2019 !!! DIY Projects